What to expect on your visit at The Retina Centers of Washington:
- Registration and completion of the Patient Information form, Medical Questionnaire form and other forms provided by the staff or you can fill them online prior your visit.
- A retina technician will start a work up with you including medical history, vision check, eye pressure check and then dilate your pupil. We usually dilate both eyes on the first visit, the dilation will make your eyes sensitive to the light and reduce your near vision temporarily for few hours.
- Your retina specialist will begin the examination when your eyes are fully dilated.
- Depends on your eye problems, your retina specialist may order one or more special tests, e.g. OCT ( Optical Coherence Tomography) , B-scan, Fluorescein/Indocyanine green angiography, fundus photography, etc . Most of the time, the tests will be done on the same day and then your retina specialist will review the results with you.
- A treatment if needed will be performed in-office, including intravitreal injection, subtenon injection, laser therapy, etc. In case your eye need more serious surgery, you will be scheduled for surgery in one of many hospital/surgery centers which is most convenient to you.
- At the end of your visit, an administrative staff will schedule return visits and provide temporary dark glasses for your convenient to drive back home.
Due to the nature of retinal diseases and the emergencies they present, those emergencies may require complex work up including in-office procedure and surgical intervention in the operating room urgently. Our advice is to allow:
-For follow up appointment about 1 to 2 hours
-For the new patient consult about 2 to 3 hours.
At The Retina Centers of Washington, our priority is ensuring you are seen by your retina specialist within a reasonable time. In order to meet this goal, we have made our new patient forms available online. You can fill the forms below and email to us at email@example.com or print and bring them with you to your scheduled appointment (please complete all 5 forms). You need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed to be able to view and fill the form, you can get it free from here: https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/products/pdf-reader.html